This document will walk you through how to send email campaigns to contacts housed in Intapp CRM. In this guide, you can find out how to:
- Import contacts from Intapp into Concep
- Link your email campaign to a mailing
- Check a subscriber’s engagement with a campaign in OnePlace
- Check whether a subscriber has opted out from receiving all comms
You will require access to a Concep user which has an active connection to your Intapp OnePlace environment.
Importing contacts from Intapp into Concep:
This section will show you how to pull subscribers/invitees from your mailings/events in Intapp OnePlace and import them into the Concep platform, where you can then distribute emails to your contacts. Here’s what to do:
1. From within your Concep account, navigate to “Contacts”:
2. Click the “Import from Intapp” button:
3. Select the event/mailing in which your invitees/subscribers are housed in OnePlace and click “Next”:
4. Map your contact fields in the Concep platform against the corresponding fields in your CRM. The mappings for first name, last name and email address are mapped by default as they are mandatory. Once you’ve mapped the fields you’d like to sync across, click “Next”:
5. Check that the list of invitees/subscribers is correct and click “Start Sync”:
6. Once the sync is complete, a pop-up will appear to notify you. Click “Refresh”:
7. You will see that a new group has been created, and the name corresponds with your event/mailing in Intapp OnePlace. The contacts you’ve synced across are contained within this group. If you select multiple events/mailings during the import process, a contact group will be created for each:
Link your email campaign to a mailing:
From within the campaign builder in the Concep platform, you can associate your email campaign to a mailing in Intapp OnePlace.
By linking your email campaign to a mailing, a subscriber’s engagement will be captured in the “Marketing Statistics” object inside the mailing.
Here’s how to link your email campaign to a mailing:
1. In your Concep account, open an in-progress campaign.
2. Select the “Enable” checkbox:
3. From the drop-down, select the mailing that your email should be linked with:
4. Once you’ve sent your campaign, you’ll be able to keep an eye on engagement with the email from within CRM. Click into your mailing and navigate to “Marketing Statistics”:
Check a subscriber’s engagement with a campaign in OnePlace:
We sync a contact’s engagement with an email back into CRM so that you can manage your contacts in one platform. The campaign activity sync runs every 20 minutes: on the hour, at twenty-past, and at twenty-to.
You can find this information in CRM in a few places:
1. In the “Marketing Activities” object
This is where you can find the raw data that we sync from the Concep platform into OnePlace. This is the stream of activity across your email campaigns. From here, you can see the activity type, the contact it relates to, and the date it occurred. If the campaign was linked a mailing, you can see this too:
2. Under the “Marketing Statistics” tab within a mailing
Certain marketing activities are aggregated to show the full engagement of an individual subscriber. For each subscriber who was sent a campaign, you can see an overview of their interaction, including the following:
- Whether the email delivered successfully
- How many times the email was opened
- When the email was last opened
- How many time the email was clicked
- When the email was last clicked
- Whether the contact unsubscribed
- Whether the contact bounced
3. Under the “Marketing Statistics” tab on a contact
Similar to the above, except this view provides high-level insight into a contact’s engagement across campaigns associated with all mailings:
Check whether a subscriber has opted out from receiving all comms:
Unsubscribes are initially captured in the Concep platform. Our integration with Intapp OnePlace syncs those across so that you have full visibility in CRM.
If a contact opts out of comms via an email campaign and selects the “unsubscribe from all” option in the preference center, we update this information on the contact record in OnePlace where the “Unsubscribe All” field will be updated to “Yes”:
Please sign in to leave a comment.