Before you can set up List Sync in your environment, you must ensure that the correct packages have been installed and that you are operating on Solution V2.0.0 or higher. If you are unsure, get in touch with our support team.
What is List Sync?
List Sync enables you to automatically refresh your marketing lists at regular intervals, which means you can distribute timely content to your contacts without lifting a finger.
List Sync enables you to:
- Nurture your leads by activating sophisticated campaign sequences based on a contact's activity.
- Gather consent from your contacts to ensure you always comply with global data protection regulations.
- Drip-feed important information to new members of your team as part of their onboarding process.
- Distribute relevant content to your contacts when they sign up to a marketing list.
How to set up List Sync:
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics and navigate to Settings > Send Accounts.
NB: You will only be able to access this section if the Dynamics user has the 'Email Marketing Administrator' permission
- Open the Send account you would like to sync a MSD Marketing list to.
- On the Send account, navigate to the new tab "Marketing Lists", and add the marketing list that you would like to automatically sync to Concep Send.
- When you navigate back to the General tab of the Send account, you will notice that the new field Automatic Contact sync will update from No to Yes. This field cannot be adjusted by users. If the field is marked as NO, no marketing lists have been added and therefore list sync is not enabled. If the field is marked as Yes, there have been marketing lists added to this Send Account and therefore List sync is enabled.
- On the Send accounts General tab, you will see the Contact Mapping that is applied. This is the mapping for the Contact fields that will be automatically synced from MSD to Send. If no mapping is applied, then by default we will sync First name, Last name, Email address and Contact ID. If you would like to check the Contact Mapping, you can view and edit them in Settings >> Field Mappings. To find out more about field mappings, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- The sync is scheduled to run every 20min.
- Currently, we do not have a suppression list sync to Concep Send.
- Contacts that have the Bulk Email field set to "Do not allow" will not be synced.
- You can sync both normal contact fields and custom contact fields.
- All mappings are a 1-1 mapping meaning that a marketing list will sync directly to a Send Account. No groups are shared across Send Accounts.
- You can setup list sync for both dynamic and static marketing lists.