|I.||Link to a different page|
|III.||IOS Apple mail compatibility|
Link to a different page
You can create a bookmark to link to a different page of a Campaign by following the below instructions:
First insert the bookmark in the relevant page:
- Click into the editable area, and place the cursor immediately before the first word you want to link to. Do NOT highlight any text.
- Click the Bookmark icon in the editing toolbar.
- Enter a name for the bookmark, and click the Insert button.
|Make the name of your bookmark one word and lowercase.|
Click on the page you wish to link to the bookmark and highlight the text/image you wish to link. Create a link to the page that contains the bookmark using the steps below:
- Click the Link icon in the editing toolbar, and click the Page tab.
- Select the page the bookmark is on from the drop down menu.
- Click the Create Link to Page button.
Once the page link has been created, double click on the link to see the URL field in the tab Link Info.
In the URL field, add a hashtag followed by the name of your bookmark, at the end of the link.
This can be seen in the example below:
You can also link a page to a button, you are able to do this by clicking Insert > Button > Add Link > Select Page.
Bookmarks can also be used to take you further down the page of a Campaign which can be especially useful when Campaigns contain lots of data and a recipient needs to access specific information quickly.
This can be created by using the same method detailed above except when creating the link you would need to select the Bookmark tab as opposed to the Page tab. When selecting the Bookmark that you will be able to select the name of the bookmark created.
Once the link has been made, when clicked the bookmark link will scroll down the Campaign to the section specified with the bookmark.
This feature can work effectively if a list of contents is created at the top of the Campaign.
Note: To link an image to a bookmark you will have to insert the bookmark after the URL into the HTML code.
For more styling tips in the HTML code please click here
IOS Apple mail compatibility
It is worth noting that iOS 8 and above is not compatible with bookmarks, however you can get them to open in Safari.
You will be able to access bookmarks within Safari by following the steps outlined below:
1. Create anchor links within the Campaign
2. View the Campaign online
3. Click on the anchor link
4. Copy the URL which will now contain the anchor tag
5. Replace the anchor link with the new URL containing the anchor tag
Once this has been set up, this will open up the web browser and navigate to the pre-designated area.
Please note: As anchor links will not show up in the reporting, it is recommended to instead create multiple Campaign pages as this will allow for more insights into what recipients are clicking into.