The restrictions and settings for survey control how it appears and functions.
To edit the restrictions for a survey:
- While in the Content step of a survey, click the Restrictions tab.
- Close Date - set a date and time in the future when the collector will stop accepting new survey responses. You can also modify the error message that will display after that date and time
- Click the Show text link next to the Advanced heading to access additional settings.
- Maximum Responses - set a specified number of responses that will be accepted for the survey. You can restrict the total number of responses to a survey and you all questions, or select a specific question and answer combination to count toward the maximum responses restriction (for example "Yes" RSVP answers).Please note, you can only apply this limit to one answer option to one multiple choice question. You can also modify the error message that will display after the maximum number of responses have been received.
- Password Protection - display a page before the survey is viewable that requires responders to enter a password. Establish a password, and modify the text that will display on that page.
- IP Addresses - restrict access to the survey from designated IP address(es), or block access to the survey from designated IP address(es). You can also modify the message that will display in the event of an error.
- After you have made your desired changes, click the Save button.