In order to help clients to comply with the data protection regulations across the globe, we have built a workflow to show clients how to use our SFDC integration to track contact consent.
For this workflow, clients should have:
- One campaign (2 pages)
Three surveys (Consent, Withdraw and Blank)
GDPR_CASL Campaign_ NO
- One contact field in SFDC to record the responses
- One Marketing List
- One saved private Search Folder GDPR/CASL Consent
These all work together to allow the user to send a campaign to existing contacts and asks them to register give or withdraw their consent. These principles can be applied to any sign-up form or registration process to record consent for new contacts.
Similar to an event registration process, there will be a field against all contacts that updates depending on the response they submit to a survey. However, unlike the event process, it will be a global additional field to record consent.
This is not included in SFDC by default, so a global field for consent should be created by the client.
Send Campaign and Surveys
- When received, this shows the intended recipient and gives them the option to click on 'Yes I consent' or withdraw by clicking 'here'.
- These links lead to option specific, pre-populated surveys for them to submit their preference.
- If the contact is not the intended recipient, there is another link to take them to a blank survey to fill in and provide consent or withdraw.
- The response updates the contact's record and consent field in SFDC.
- By creating a new list filter, you can add the Consent field and the last modified date - this shows the most recent edit date stamp for audit purposes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.