What is a Survey collector?
Collectors are required for the system to track responses to your survey. They act as a way of funneling answers into particular "boxes" depending on what iframe or url was used to deploy the survey.
For example, you may use a Survey to sign recipients up to an event. You could have one collector placed on your website and another placed on a campaign you’ve built, allowing you to see which was the most effective method of gaining RSVPs. You can also use them to sign people up for different events without you having to create a new survey each time (simply disable an old collector and enable a new one). This retains branding across all the collectors and means you only have to make a change once for all the collectors to be updated.
By default, one collector (“First collector”) is pre-built for every survey.
To view details by collector:
- Click the down arrow icon next to the survey title, and select More.
- Click the Collectors tab.
- Click the Add Collector button to create additional collectors if you wish to track sub-sets of responders separately. For instance, if you create a customer satisfaction survey, you may want to then setup different collectors for each year. That way all responses are stored together, but can also be reviewed and segmented by year.
- Click the down arrow icon next to a collector’s name to access additional options:
- View – view the survey using the selected collector
- Deploy – access options to deploy the survey via this collector
- Disable/Activate – disable an active collector, or activate a disabled collector
- Edit – edit the settings and restrictions for a collector
- Rename – change the name of the collector as it is shown in your account
- Reset – delete all views, responses and other statistics for the collector
To deploy your different collectors follow the instructions here.