Note if you setup survey questions to auto-populate with recipient data, you must deploy the survey using the "Create Link from Campaign" method in order for the auto-population to work correctly. Note if the recipients forward the campaign, anyone they forward the survey to who clicks the survey link will also be able to view the original recipient's auto-populated data. If that person also completes the survey, their response will be recorded as a separate response.
- Go to the Content step of an in progress campaign.
- Click into the editable area, and select the text or image you wish to link. (If no text or image is selected, the title of the collector will be used as the link.)
- Click the Create Link icon in the editing toolbar, and click the Survey tab.
- Select a survey from the drop down menu.
- By default, the link will open in a new window when clicked by recipients so that they will also have your original campaign open after visiting that link. Alternatively if desired, you can deselect the checkbox to open the link in a new window.
- Click the Create Link to Survey button.
While in the Preview and Launch step of a survey, click the down arrow icon next to a collector’s name, and select Deploy. Click a tab to access additional settings:
- From the Collector URL tab, copy and paste the URL displayed to allow responders to answer the survey (e.g. from your website).
- From the Short URL and QR Code tab, copy and paste the Short URL (requires bitly account) or download a QR image to provide easy access to your survey.
- From the Embed tab, copy and paste the HTML code displayed to embed the survey within your website.
- From the LinkedIn tab, post a network update with a link to your survey (your account must be connected to LinkedIn via Settings for this option).
- From the Facebook tab, post an update with a link to your survey (your account must be connected to Facebook via Settings for this option).
- From the Twitter tab, tweet a short URL to your survey (your account must be connected to Twitter via Settings for this option).
- From the Prompt tab, generate HTML code to use on your website to automatically prompt visitors to complete your survey.
- From the Overlay tab, generate HTML code to use on your website to display your survey as an overlay, either automatically or following a visitor's click.
You have now entered the generic survey URL and as such recipients data will not be tracked back once the campaign has been sent.
Send a generic survey link to recipients
If you wish to send an anonymous survey to recipients not via a campaign please send the generic survey URL on it's own.