- An Email Marketing Administrator security role assigned to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM user.
1. In your Microsoft Dynamics CRM, open the main menu and click on the Settings button. The page will reload and the blue navigation bar will be updated with the section name. Click on Settings and a new menu will open. Click on Customizations.
2.The page will reload. Click on Customize the System.
3. A new window will open. Click on Entities to expand.
4. With the entities section expanded, find the Contact and click to expand. Once it is expanded click on Fields.
5. Click on New.
6. A new window will open. Create the fields in line with the image below.
Display name: E-mail Format
Type: Two Options
7. By default the field values will be set as Yes and No. Select the Yes value and then click on Edit. Rename it to Plain Text. Then rename the No value to HTML. Click on Save and Close to resume the field creation.
8. Back in the Customization window, click on Form in the Contact section.
9. Double click on Contact form you want to add the new field to. Once the form editor is open, drag the new field into it and click on Save and Close.
10. Back in the Customization window, click on Publish All Customization to have your changes published to all users.
Article is closed for comments.