Sometimes an email may have an abnormally low view rate which can be a cause for concern for the sender. There are a variety of reasons for this:
- The intended recipient have their inbox set to block images by default and never download images even though they may indeed have read the invitation (if they interact with the campaign, for example by registering, a view will still be recorded – this is called an ‘inferred view’ in our system). This is not specific to Concep Send - all HTML email tracking works this way: A ‘view’ is recorded when images are downloaded.
- They may have missed or have simply chosen not to open the email.
- If the email was delivered to their spam folder they may not be aware of it. Many spam filters will look at previous interaction to determine whether emails from a particular sender will eventually be directed to the spam folder instead of the inbox. Unfortunately, there is no reporting available where we can see which folder a campaign is delivered to, so there is the potential of a ‘grey area’.
Before sending a campaign use the preflight reporting to check its spam rating to ensure your campaign doesn't get classed as spam.
If you notice low interaction or view rates our advice is to take one of the following measures:
- If it is just individual recipients at a particular domain, you may choose to set contacts with low interaction rates to receive a plain text version of your campaigns. A plain text message is less likely to be delivered to the spam folder but is of course is less exciting and interactive than the HTML version. (The plain text version will have a link to the browser version of the campaign.)
- If interaction rates are lower than expected across an entire domain or organisation you could contact the organisation with a request to be whitelisted and get campaigns delivered to the inboxes of recipients. We are happy to help with this process, you can find more information on our whitelisting instructions here.
- If there is a particular individual who contacts you claiming to not be able to receive campaigns they can add your sending email address to their address book or ‘safe senders list’.