Please note this setting will need to be turned on in your account for you to view this, contact Support for more information.
To view reporting details for bulk SMS messages:
- Click Reports in the main navigation menu.
- Click the SMS tab. A list of SMS messages displays with key statistics, including views and replies.
- Click the title of the bulk SMS message (the title is automatically generated based on the first characters of the message) to view the reporting details for a specific message.
- The Summary tab provides an overview of views, bounces, replies and opt outs. Click a statistic or go to the specific tab to view additional details.
SMS Reporting Data
The SMS reporting statistics are based entirely on delivery reports we receive from mobile carriers/networks.
- A view is recorded when we receive a notice back from the mobile carrier that the SMS message was delivered to the handset, or when we receive a reply from a recipient (because in this case we can infer they have viewed the original message). However not all phones/mobile carriers provide notifications of when an SMS message is delivered to the handset, so this statistic is not completely reliable.
- A bounce is recorded when we receive a notice back from the mobile carrier that the SMS message could not be delivered (e.g. invalid mobile number, incorrect country code, etc.). You are not charged for bounced SMS messages; we automatically credit your account with any credits associated with bounced SMS messages.
- A reply is recorded when the recipient replies to the SMS message. Replies are also forwarded to the email address or mobile number entered when the SMS bulk message was sent from the system.
- An opt out is recorded when the recipient replies to the SMS message with a specific phrase, such as 'opt out' or 'stop'.