Multiple choice questions allow responders to select from available choices as answers to questions.
While in the Content step of a survey, click a question to edit. Select "Multiple Choice" as the type, and enter your question in the Question Content area.
Configure answer choices:
- Use the input field box under Answers to enter the answer choices for the multiple choice question.
- Click the Add Answer text link to add additional answer choices.
- Click the Delete text link to remove an answer choice.
- Click and drag the 6 dots icon to reorder answer choices.
- Check the box next to Hide to remove an answer choice from view but retain responses already recorded.
- Use the If chosen, go to: drop down menu for surveys with multiple paths, so you can redirect responders to a specific page based on their answer to this question.
Click the Show text link next to Settings to access additional options:
- Allow “Other” Answer – select if responders should be able to select and enter text for an “other” answer option
Note you will then also be able to determine the answer text that displays for the “other” option; if the responses entered by responders should be restricted to an email address, URL, date, or number; and if they should be limited in length.
- Allow Multiple Answers – determine if responders should be able to select more than one answer choice
- Display – select how answer choices will be laid out (as a complete list vertically, as a complete list horizontally, or in a drop down menu)
- Mandatory – set the question as a required item that responders must complete in the survey
- Hidden – hide the question from responders’ view (answers already received to the question will still be correctly shown and reflected in the survey responses)
For more information about surveys please click here.