This is a quick checklist to make sure you have covered all the necessary details before sending out your event communications.
1) Create your Yes attending and Not attending groups in the Contacts section
2) Create your invitation
3) Create your confirmation email by ‘copying’ the invitation. Edit the copy and add the ‘Add to outlook calendar’ link. Remove your register links
4) Send your confirmation email to yourself – it must be a sent campaign in order to link it to the action in the form
5) Build your Form (remember to direct the workflow if you have Yes and No thank you pages)
6) Set your actions;
A. Add contacts who click not attending into the ‘No Group’ (remember, to set the condition, it is not when the page is submitted)
B. Send confirmation Email and subsequently add them to the ‘Yes group’ (remember, to set the condition, it is not when the page is submitted)
7) Check settings;
A. Allow multiple responses per computer
B. Do not allow recipients to edit responses after submitting.
Either tick "yes, until completed" OR "No" and do not leave it as the default. This means a respondent won't be able to select 'back' after submitting their response. If you leave it as "Yes, Responders can go back to previous pages and edit responses" it means if they do so and fill the form out for another colleague, it will override their initial response.
8) Link the form to the Invitation by either
A. Create link by using the Survey tab (this will mean auto-population will work)
B. Copy the generic survey link and linking the survey via create link to url function (this means auto-population will not work. If you do this option you must have Name and Email details to capture the responses in reporting)
9) Test send to you and a colleague or two asking them to select different RSVP options.
Yes responses should be sent the confirmation email and be added to the Yes Contact Group. No responses, you will see them in the No Contact group
10) Once you have checked the workflow – Send!
Reminder to Register Email
1) Make a copy of your invitation, change the subject line and intro text so it is ‘reminder to register’ friendly
2) Click into Groups, tick your original invitation list and perform the action to merge contacts to a new group – call this new group ‘Reminder to register – Event name - DD/MM/YY’
3) Tick your Yes attending Group and Not attending Group and perform action to ‘remove contacts from other groups’.
Select your newly created group ‘Reminder to register – Event name - DD/MM/YY’ and select remove contacts. Now you will be able to send your R2R email to this group
Reminder to Attend Email
1) Make a copy of your invitation and tweak subject line and content to be R2A friendly and send to the Yes attending contact group