Matrix questions allow responders to enter answers for multiple categories along a scale of options. This question type is useful in customer satisfaction and performance ratings.
While in the Content step of a survey, click a question to edit. Select "Matrix" as the type, and enter your question in the Question Content area.
Configure answer choices:
- Use the input field box under Rows to enter the categories for the matrix question (these are the items that will be listed down the page – such as Quality, Price, Service).
- Use the input field box under Columns to enter the titles for the scale (these are the options that will be listed across the page – such as Excellent, Good, Poor).
- Click the Add Row or Add Column text link to add additional categories or scale options.
- Click the Delete text link to remove a category or scale option.
- Click and drag the 6 dots icon to reorder.
- Check the box next to Hide to remove an answer choice from view but retain responses already recorded.
- Use the If chosen, go to: drop down menu for surveys with multiple paths, so you can redirect responders to a specific page based on their answer to this question.
Click the Show text link next to Settings to access additional options:
- Allow Multiple Answers Per Row – determine if responders should be able to select more than one answer choice
- Mandatory – set the question as a required item that responders must complete in the survey
- Hidden – hide the question from responders’ view (answers already received to the question will still be correctly shown and reflected in the survey responses)
For more information about surveys please click here.