When you distribute your event invitations, you might find that the invitations are forwarded by the original recipients on to additional contacts. To cater for this scenario and to prevent the delegate/invitee data from being overwritten in CRM, you should lock down the auto-populated form and provide a link through to a blank form that any additional invitees can submit.
Once in place, here's how the whole workflow comes together for your event registrants:
Step 1: Creating the pre-populated form for original invitees
- Create a new survey and link it to the corresponding event in Upper Sigma:
- Add a free text question for every contact field you wish to capture. Map each one to the corresponding field in CRM. Ensure each is set to auto-populate, and that it is non-editable. If it's a required field, ensure that the mandatory checkbox is ticked too!
Don't forget to link your survey to a campaign using this method, otherwise the auto-populate feature will not work!
- Drag in a multiple choice question to gather your RSVPs, and map it to the "RSVP Status" delegate/invitee field in Upper Sigma. Map the answer choices to the corresponding statuses:
Step 2: Creating the blank form for forwarded invitees
- Click the drop-down next to the survey name and select "More":
- Navigate to "Collectors" and add a new collector called "Blank form". Rename the first collector to "Pre-populated form", if you wish:
- Click the drop-down next to "Blank form", select "Deploy" and copy the collector URL:
- Drag a "Content" block to the top of the survey builder and type "Register on behalf of someone else" (or similar!) into the input box. Highlight the text, click the "Link" button and paste the collector URL you copied in step 3: